Subject: Re: Recording to VHS?
From: [email-masked] (robert hood)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 10:36:07 -0700

> >On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Darwin Dick wrote:
> >> Since I am on a
> >> VERY limited budget even used stuff would be good.  I am using an Intel
> >> Pentium with LW 4.0 and I would like to record to VHS tape.
> 
> >There are those Perception cards available for
> >around 3500$, and they need a dedicated HDrive, at least 2.1GB (aka 8mn of
> >motion). It does not include any audio.
> 
> I think he's looking for a *_CHEAP_* method for his own personal use,
> nothing of broadcast quality. I would say something like an RF encoder (like
> I had for my Amiga), that just puts out your screen as a composite video
> signal that you can plug in the back of your common household VCR. Doesn't
> cost that much, maybe $50? Anyone?

You might also want to consider Reveal's Video Artist system.  It is around
the market for between $300-$400, and is a pretty good NLE, video capture and
playback-to-VHS system.  It only works with 320x240 resolution, so broadcast
quality is out of the question, but I use it to play around with video
editing and capturing my meager animations to tape (for posterity, if nothing
else).  It's a viable interim solution.

Render me gone,                  |||
Bob                            ^(===)^
----------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo--------------------------------------
(Phone) 1.303.989.4191                                     (FAX) 1.303.727.7555
(Email) [email-masked]             (WWW) http://www.mktplace.net/people/bhood
        [email-masked]           http://www.dimensional.com/~vvisions
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                "The clue meter is reading zero."  - Dilbert
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------